Sunday, August 17, 2008

In loving memory of Kipper

Up untill yesterday i had thought i was ok about his death. But what happened yesterday just made it even more real then ever. I know that it may sound stupid but i could feel kipper around, all of his old sleeping spots still bring back the memorys i hold so dear. One of my kittens, Riley, reminds me so much of Kipper. He is playfull and sweet just like him, the only thing is the Riley is still a kitten and hasnt learned the gift of tollerance as kipper did at a very early age. Riley seems to be actracted to the places were our cat Kipper used to lay, he sniffs the spots as if there is really a cat there. But of course no one can see one. But i think that Kipper was there and was watching my family closley to keep us safe untill he felt it was ok to leave us. Up untill yesterday i felt his presence. I had a dream that night that really effected me, i dreamed he was here again and i was showing him off as usual to all of my family. I was holding him and petting him and just loving him in general.I woke up and knew that was a sign, i didnt know what it ment but i would soon find out. I went online and did some research to see if anyone else experienced this because i already knew it sounded crazy but by hearing other peoples experiences it helped me to just be happy he visited me in my dream. So all yesterday i was gone but when i got home something was different. I just didnt feel him around anymore. I tried to go to sleep about a half an our ago but couldnt. All i was thinking about was kipper and why he had come to my dream that night. But then every time i thought of him riley pooped into my head, everytime i would think of his name riley popped up again. It felt as if something was making me say Riley, as if they wanted me to move on. So i am writing this now because i know what that dream ment. It ment that Kipper felt it was time to move on all the way and finish his journey to heaven.

I now remember the night before he passed. I had a feeling in my gut he wasnt going to make it much longer. When i would pick him up his legs would go limp and i would set him back down on my bed and he just slept. I sat down next to him and said my goodbyes. I just knew that it was his time. And the next day my mom told me when i came home from school that she had put him down. Then i knew that i was right and i was so lucky that i got to say goodbye because my dad and sister didnt. It just goes to show how strong a bond between a pet and a owner can be, wait he wasnt even a pet he was a part of the family.

We will always remember him, he will never ever be forgotten.

Kipper Kirby

March 12, 1997 to April 29,2008


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: